Vacation on Mocha's Island
Vacation on Mocha's Island
It's located about 34 km from Tirua in the
Arauco's region.
I went with my
boyfriend in February in 2019. A friend recommended the place. First, we
need to arrive to Tirua, so we went on the bus like 8 hours from
Santiago. After we come to this city, we had to take an airplane to reach
Mocha’s Island. I was flying and I felt a little bit scary it was my second
time on an airplane.
We land and we had to walk over the camping like 5 km with all our bags.
A few days later, we were hiking and I accidently tripped and I fell over. But somehow, I stand up and continues with our race. We arrived at the top of the island and we found a place that it was like a cave made of trees, it was so beautiful and peaceful. We could hear just the sound of the birds and wind.
Another day, we were hoping to see most of
the island, so we went on bicycles to tour it.
We had so much fun, it was so beautiful
over there. We spend around 5 days and can’t see all the island. I hope someday
I could travel again to the island and see the part we couldn’t see.
Would you visit mocha’s Island someday?

I have heard wonders of Mocha Island. Did you know that according to the Mapuche worldview, souls go to this island after death?
ResponderEliminarI'd never heard of Mocha Island before :o. It seems to be a beautiful and magical place and it's definitely a place I would love to visit someday.
ResponderEliminarHi, I read your post and I really want to visit Isla Mocha. My friends went in 2017 and they told me that it was a magic place. The forest on that place makes me chills, because a saw many pics of this place.
ResponderEliminarI have never seen this place before, Isla Mocha seems to me to be a place worth visiting. I am very happy that you have lived this experience and I hope that you will return soon.
ResponderEliminarThe way you told the history makes me wanna go to Isla Mocha, sounds like a beautiful location to spend vacations and have a little scape from all the acustic and visual contamination of Santiago.
ResponderEliminar